To complete the application process, please submit:
Completed application form
Signed waiver of liability release
Fees: you may pay with a card under our Shop and Cart page or mail a check made payable to Benton Park West Neighborhood Association ($35 1st dog, $15 each additional dog)
Copy of current vaccination records and proof of spaying/neutering; must include at least rabies, distemper and bordetella
Cherokee Dog Park
Benton Park West is pleased to provide its residents and neighbors a dog park located at 3300 Nebraska, the SE corner of Utah and Nebraska. There are many activities that take place in the dog park and we encourage you to join the Facebook Group to see the latest activities or to invite other members for doggie playdates.
Rules and Regulations
1. The park is open daily between 6 am and one hour after sunset.
2. No vicious dogs are allowed. All fights between dogs must be attended to by the dogs’ owners.
3. Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damages they cause.
4. Owners must be inside the fenced area at all times while their dogs are in the off-leash area. Dogs are not to be left in the park unattended.
5. Leash laws apply outside the fenced area.
6. Children under 14 are not allowed in the fenced area unless accompanied by a responsible, legal adult.
7. Dogs must be spayed or neutered to use the dog park and supporting veterinarian records mustbe provided at the time of registration - NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. Dogs’ immunizations must be up to date and supporting veterinarian records must be provided at the time of registration. Immunizations must include, at least, rabies, bordetella, and distemper.
9. Gates must remain closed except when entering or exiting the off leash or staging areas. Onlyone of the two gates into the staging area may be open at any one time.
10. No choke, pinch, or spiked collars are allowed in the park area. Dogs must wear leather or smooth cloth collars and the dog park ID tag provided while in the off-leash area.
11. Limit: 3 dogs per person at any time.
12. Maximum of only 13 dogs allowed in the dog park at one time.
13. KEEP PARK AREA CLEAN! Pick up after your dog. Place all dog waste and trash in designated receptacles.
14. NOT ALLOWED IN THE DOG PARK:
Dogs that have not been spayed or neutered
Animals other than dogs
Puppies under 4 months old
Dogs that are injured or in poor health
Glass of any kind
Food of any kind, for humans or for dogs
Bikes, rollerblades, scooters, or other motorized devices
15. Additions or addendums to these rules may be enacted at the discretion of the dog park chairperson with a 30-day notice to registered users.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Dog Park Chair, Jeni Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 636-734-3024.